SHENANDOAH VALLEY HOT AIR BALLON RIDES
Max. 4 people • Private ride option • Great for couples!
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child Ages 17 and under • Must be 50" tall with shoes on
- Private Ride • Two People
- Private Ride • Three People
Enjoy Unparalleled Views of the Shenandoah Valley
We offer flights from the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Flying over the Shenandoah is truly rewarding and offers spectacular views. Some things you may see on your flight include:
- The Blue Ridge Mountains
- The Appalachian Mountains
- The Seven Bends of the Shenandoah River
- The eastern white tailed deer
- Many wine vineyards and much more
Balloon flights typically take place in the first hour after sunrise or the last hour of daylight before sunset. During the day, the air becomes much more active, and it becomes unsafe for a balloon flight. During the cooler months, it is possible to fly during the day because convection currents are not as strong.
Our flights are usually 30 to 60 minutes in length. Duration is dependent upon wind speed and direction and the availability of a landing spot.
Please note that all flights are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the pilot’s discretion. In the event that we are weathered out on your flight day, you may reschedule the flight up until but not past the expiration date on your voucher or flight certificate without additional fees. After the expiration date, all vouchers and certificates work as coupons toward the price of a regular flight for a total of (5) years from date of purchase. The difference in price will be required to fly past the expiration date. All flight certificates and vouchers are non-refundable. Flights cancelled within (72) hours are subject to forfeiture.
Persons weighing over 230 lbs will be charged additionally.
- 230 – 249 lbs – $50.00 weight charge
- 250 – 274 lbs – $100.00 weight charge
- 275+ lbs – Contact pilot for special arrangements
Hot air balloons need light winds to fly safely, approximately 5 mph on the surface or less. On average, passengers can expect to schedule 1-5 times before getting a date where the weather is suitable for flying. We get more morning flights in than evening flights. It tends to be less windy in the mornings, and we also can sometimes get “timed out” waiting for the wind to drop on evening flights, which can push us out of a flight.
It generally is windier during the colder months, and our heavy flying season is June through November when the weather is best. However, we book all year-round. Occasionally, we will get weathered out on the launch field on a good forecast because we didn’t get the same weather they called for and the forecast was inaccurate.
We are not able to take pregnant women. Minimum height must be 50″ with shoes on. All children must be able to see over the basket. Maximum height is 6’6″. All passengers under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver for them before the flight. If you have any health concerns (back problems, recent surgeries, age, etc.), please contact us ahead of time so we can accommodate you. Your safety is important and we need to know all details to ensure the safest flight possible.
Items to bring:
- A hat to eliminate discomfort from the heat that comes from the burner.
- Light jacket if applicable. The temperature in the balloon is about 5 degrees warmer than the ground.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes (ie. tennis shoes or boots) and long pants for your flight. Occasionally, the pilot will land in a field where there is tall grass.
- Please do not bring extra bags or purses on the flight because of limited space in the basket.
- Please kindly remember to use the restroom directly before meeting for the flight. The launch locations do not have public bathrooms on the premises.